Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Sebastian J. Schultheiss" <se...@umich.edu> on 2006/05/11 22:53:13 UTC

[Axis2 1.0] ADB version has problems, too

Hi there,

We've tried to go with a new approach and created an ADB version of our
service, since the databinding with xmlbeans seemed to be the problem
before. We are still using a similar WSDL file as before, but now we get
an error early on with the ServiceStub initialization. This is our main
class:
   try {
     String str =
     XMLStreamReader x =
XMLInputFactory.newInstance().createXMLStreamReader(new StringReader(str));
     TextLocServiceStub.PredictLocalizationRequest pdoc =
TextLocServiceStub.PredictLocalizationRequest.Factory.parse(x);
     TextLocServiceStub sender = new
TextLocServiceStub("http://localhost/axis2/services/TextLocService");
     TextLocServiceStub.PredictLocalizationResponse res =
sender.predictLocalization(pdoc);
     System.out.println(res.toString());
	    } catch (Exception e) {
	        e.printStackTrace();
	    }
}
This is our stack trace:
	at org.apache.axis2.TextLocServiceStub.<init>(TextLocServiceStub.java:88)
	at org.apache.axis2.TextLocServiceStub.<init>(TextLocServiceStub.java:80)
	at org.apache.axis2.Run.main(Run.java:19)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
java.lang.NullPointerException (Caused by
java.lang.NullPointerException) (Caused by
java.lang.NullPointerException (Caused by java.lang.NullPointerException))
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:543)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:235)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:209)
	at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:351)
	at
org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.<clinit>(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:24)
	... 3 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
java.lang.NullPointerException (Caused by java.lang.NullPointerException)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:397)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:529)
	... 7 more
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:374)
	... 8 more

Please let us know if this is something we've done wrong or if there is
a general bug in the WSDL2Java code generation part... We somehow
weren't able to create a non-RPC style service with it ever since AXIS2
0.95.

Thanks,

-- Sebi

Re: [Axis2 1.0] xmlbeans databinding error

Posted by "Sebastian J. Schultheiss" <se...@umich.edu>.
Hi Robert,

we've now looked at xmlbeans once more and have discovered some
interesting behavior when it comes to those exceptions.

We are using eclipse as an IDE where we load the WSDL2Java generated
build.xml as an existing project w/ ant task.

When we run the test main class we sent you before with just the
xmlbeans-packaged.jar that is generated by the build.xml in the
classpath, we get the databinding error that you've seen, too:

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Data binding error
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisOperation.java:287)

However, if we include all the other Axis2 jars from the \lib directory
(to be read before the packaged xmlbeans), we get a completely different
stack trace already when creating the request document: see below

Maybe that is a clue as to where the bug is?

Let us know if we can help in any way.

Thanks for your time!

-- Sebastian

	at org.apache.axis2.TextLocServiceStub.<init>(TextLocServiceStub.java:88)
	at org.apache.axis2.RunClient.main(RunClient.java:22)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
java.lang.NullPointerException (Caused by
java.lang.NullPointerException) (Caused by
java.lang.NullPointerException (Caused by java.lang.NullPointerException))
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:543)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:235)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:209)
	at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:351)
	at
org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.<clinit>(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:24)
	... 2 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
java.lang.NullPointerException (Caused by java.lang.NullPointerException)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:397)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:529)
	... 6 more

Re: [Axis2 1.0] ADB version has problems, too

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.