Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Swapnil Kulkarni <sw...@usc.edu> on 2011/12/11 16:45:49 UTC

Nutch + Solr + Carrot2 Tutorials

Hello,

This is Swapnil Kulkarni (MS Computer Science student at USC). I had taken
a course on Web Search engines last semester and ended up developing a
search engine for my school with clustering of search results as a course
project. I used Nutch, Solr and Carrot-2 search results clustering API for
this project. I was completely new to these technologies and really enjoyed
learning. Soon after my project, I wrote following articles/tutorials which
explain step by step procedure to develop a search engine with clustering
of search results.

How to install Nutch and Solr on Ubuntu
10.04<https://sites.google.com/site/profileswapnilkulkarni/tech-talk/howtoinstallnutchandsolronubuntu1004>

How to install and run Carrot2 Document Clustering Workbench with Solr
Document Source (on Ubuntu
10.04)<https://sites.google.com/site/profileswapnilkulkarni/tech-talk/howtoconfigurecarrot2webappwithsolrdocumentsource>

How to configure and run Carrot2 Web Application with Solr Document Source
(on Ubuntu 10.04)<https://sites.google.com/site/profileswapnilkulkarni/tech-talk/howtoconfigureandruncarrot2webapplicationwithsolrdocumentsource>

If you find them good/useful then feel free to include them in your
resources/wiki. I hope these help newbies like me...Thank you :)

Cheers,
Swapnil

PS: Please feel free to suggest me any corrections/modifications