Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/09 21:55:08 UTC

Does Distributed Search are Cached Only the By Node That Runs Query?

I have Solr 4.2.1 and run them as SolrCloud. When I do a search on
SolrCloud as like that:

ip_of_node_1:8983solr/select?q=*:*&rows=10000

and when I check admin page I see that:

I have 5 GB Java Heap. 616.32 MB is dark gray, 3.13 GB is gray.

Before my search it was something like: 150 MB dark gray, 500 MB gray.

I understand that when I do a search like that, fields are cached. However
when I look at other SolrCloud nodes' admin pages there are no differences.
Why that query is cached only by the node that I run that query on?

Re: Does Distributed Search are Cached Only the By Node That Runs Query?

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
I have 5 shard and they are at Amazon EC2 as Large instances. I just make
some tests and when I start pre-production step at  my data center I will
have many Solr machines and millions of documents so this issue maybe a
problem for me.

Posted by Jason Hellman <jh...@innoventsolutions.com>.

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.