Posted to users@deltaspike.apache.org by Rainer Schön <de...@mr-partner.ch> on 2013/04/08 19:14:55 UTC

Secures vs. DecisionVoter

Hello,

I am evaluating DS for a migration project java ee5 Seam -> java ee6. Currently it is the security module that I am exploring (clone of 0.4-incubating-SNAPSHOT / 9720bec commit and locally built / Java 7 SDK). Some questions have arisen during my tests. I will begin with my first discovery:

- Secures and DecisionVoter seam to me somewhat redundant. What is the idea behind this design decision?

- Secures seams not to work with the type safe view configuration feature. Is this intentional or an anomaly?

- If it is intentional, what are the considerations?

Thanks in advance for a feedback
Rainer

Re: Disable WindowScope and its stuff

Posted by in...@softwareentwicklung-hell.de.
Hi John,

of course, i will create a Jira.

Regards
Florian

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Florian,

Re: Secures vs. DecisionVoter

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi rainer,

i agree with you, however, there was no agreement in the community to keep
just @Secured.
since @Secures is a generic binding, we refactored @Secured (now it's based
on @Secures and isn't a std. cdi-interceptor any longer).

regards,