Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alex Chen <al...@filemaker.com> on 2012/12/05 18:55:52 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd-ssl.conf and SSL directives

If I enable HTTPS by loading the mod_ssl.so, enabling httpd-ssl.conf,
start Apache then remove SSL certificate, SSL private key, will that
cause Apache to fail to acceptHTTPS requests?
How if I remove the httpd-ssl.conf all together?
In a nutshell, will Apache continue to work properly and accept HTTPS if
all the configurations and directives for serving HTTPS are removed
after Apache starts successfully,

Alex

Re: [users@httpd] httpd-ssl.conf and SSL directives

Posted by Alex Chen <al...@filemaker.com>.
I want to start and stop Apache via a program so it does not conflict
with system Apache server, if any, and I want to remove private key
after Apache starts for obvious reason.
I know Apache starts itself and spawn child processes to serve the
requests, so the child process should have all the configuration read by
the parent process I think.
But I am not sure if there are cases where Apache need to reload the
configuration. (on SIGHUP,, SIGUSR1 or SIGUSR2 maybe?)

Posted by Ben Johnson <be...@indietorrent.org>.