Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/01 18:20:20 UTC

Re: [Vote] Simplifying the Axis2 release process (part 2)

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 4:13 AM, Andreas Veithen
<an...@gmail.com>wrote:

> All,
>
> I've changed the configuration of the Hudson build for Axis2/trunk to
> enable the apache-release profile. This means that the build will now
> execute exactly those steps that would be executed during a release
> (except that it still produces snapshots and that signatures are
> disabled). This includes:

hi,

I recently have an axis2 build and it worked fine. But when unziping the
axis2-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip I found
the created directory have 777 permission.

eg.
amila@amila:~/projects/axis2_trunk/java/modules/distribution/target$ ls -all
total 35835
drwxr-xr-x 4 amila amila      272 2010-08-01 21:41 .
drwxr-xr-x 5 amila amila      144 2010-08-01 21:32 ..
drwxrwxrwx 8 amila amila      280 2010-08-01 21:33 axis2-SNAPSHOT
-rw-r--r-- 1 amila amila 18551211 2010-08-01 21:33 axis2-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
-rw-r--r-- 1 amila amila 18085468 2010-08-01 21:33 axis2-SNAPSHOT-war.zip

did you change the access permissions?

thanks,
Amila.

> * Building a Javadoc JAR in addition to the source JAR, as defined in
> the org.apache:apache:7 super-POM.
> * Building the documents distribution as discussed in a previous thread.
> * Building the default source distribution as defined in the
> org.apache:apache:7 super-POM.
>
> Obviously you may see some build instabilities because of this change.
>
> There are still several things to do before the trunk becomes releasable:
>
> 1. Change (a) the POM metadata and (b) the site to reflect the
> migration of Axis2 into a new TLP.
> 2. Finalize the simplification of the site and check the documentation
> for broken links and incorrect information.
> 3. Decide whether we keep the old source distribution built by
> modules/distribution or the default source distribution configured in
> the org.apache:apache:7 super-POM.
> 4. Include the binary distribution in the apache-release profile (and
> decide whether it should be built in the modules/distribution
> submodule or from the root).
> 5. Testing the apache-release profile and checking the quality of the
> produced artifacts and distributions (inclusion of the right legal
> files, correct variable substitution, etc.).
>
> Points 1.(a), 3, 4 and 5 also apply to the 1.5 branch (I'm merging the
> changes in the build process from trunk to the branch, but I'm
> assuming here that we won't build the site for 1.5.2 because it's only
> a maintenance release).
>
> Points 3 and 4 also mark a kind of point of no return where the old
> release profile is removed and after which we can no longer do the
> release using the old process.
>
> Since we are approaching that point, I propose to ask infra to create
> a staging profile for the Axis project so that we can use the release
> process defined in org.apache:apache:7 with Nexus [1].
>
> It should be noted that a staging profile is defined using Maven
> groupIds. Therefore this will be applicable automatically also for the
> Axis2 Transports subproject. For the subprojects using a groupId other
> than org.apache.axis2, please let me know if you want me to include
> your groupId in the request to infra as well. Note that we will
> probably have a single staging profile for the entire Axis TLP,
> because the user permissions will be the same for all subprojects.
>
> Andreas
>
> [1] maven.apache.org had a nice page with some screenshots explaining
> the process, but that page has disappeared. Please see
> http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html instead.

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: [Vote] Simplifying the Axis2 release process (part 2)

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 18:20, Amila Suriarachchi
<am...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 4:13 AM, Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> I've changed the configuration of the Hudson build for Axis2/trunk to
>> enable the apache-release profile. This means that the build will now
>> execute exactly those steps that would be executed during a release
>> (except that it still produces snapshots and that signatures are
>> disabled). This includes:
>
> hi,
>
> I recently have an axis2 build and it worked fine. But when unziping the
> axis2-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip I found
> the created directory have 777 permission.
>
> eg.
> amila@amila:~/projects/axis2_trunk/java/modules/distribution/target$ ls -all
> total 35835
> drwxr-xr-x 4 amila amila      272 2010-08-01 21:41 .
> drwxr-xr-x 5 amila amila      144 2010-08-01 21:32 ..
> drwxrwxrwx 8 amila amila      280 2010-08-01 21:33 axis2-SNAPSHOT
> -rw-r--r-- 1 amila amila 18551211 2010-08-01 21:33 axis2-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
> -rw-r--r-- 1 amila amila 18085468 2010-08-01 21:33 axis2-SNAPSHOT-war.zip
>
> did you change the access permissions?

No, I don't have any idea why it uses those permissions.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.