Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Anthony Barré <a...@fasterize.com> on 2013/03/27 10:41:53 UTC

Re: zookeeper_interest returning ZOK on Connection Loss

I would like to reopen this thread.

The fact that no event ZOO_EXPIRED_SESSION_STATE is triggered after a
certain amount of time when the server is offline is a serious problem.

In my company, we also using the c client in a single thread (as part of
the node-zookeeper module) but we decided to use the patched version
created by yunong to deal with this problem of session expiration.

What is blocking the integration of the patch proposed by yunoung ? This
patch has a great value for us.

Anthony.

Re: zookeeper_interest returning ZOK on Connection Loss

Posted by Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>.
Hi Yunong,

I haven't had a chance to review your patch yet. I think I'll have
some time this weekend.

Thanks!
--Michi

Posted by Yunong Xiao <yu...@joyent.com>.

Posted by Marshall McMullen <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yunong Xiao <yu...@joyent.com>.

I've submitted the JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1676

Of note I've submitted links to the patch: https://gist.github.com/yunong/efe869a0345867d54adf as well as my private branch of the patch https://github.com/yunong/zookeeper/tree/release-3.4.3-patched

On Mar 27, 2013, at 10:49 AM, Marshall McMullen <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We already have a ZOO_NOTCONNECTED_STATE. Seems like that should work for
> these purposes…

At the time I wrote the patch, I don't think 3.4.3 had ZOO_NOTCONNECTED_STATE. If it's there now in the newer versions, then it certainly seems viable.

-Yunong

Re: zookeeper_interest returning ZOK on Connection Loss

Posted by Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>.
Hi Anthony,