Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Brendan Long <br...@realgo.com> on 2011/07/20 19:24:35 UTC

Is ActiveMQComponent automatically pooled?

The ActiveMQ section of the help isn't clear on this. In one of the
examples, it looks like this:

   <bean id="activemq"
      class="org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent">
      <property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://somehost:61616"/>
   </bean>

Just giving the brokerURL. Later on we get this (PooledConnectionFactory):

    <bean id="pooledConnectionFactory"
       class="org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory">
       <property name="maxConnections" value="8" />
       <property name="maximumActive" value="500" />
       <property name="connectionFactory" ref="jmsConnectionFactory" />
    </bean>

    <bean id="jmsConfig"
       class="org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsConfiguration">
       <property name="connectionFactory" ref="pooledConnectionFactory"/>
       <property name="transacted" value="false"/>
       <property name="concurrentConsumers" value="10"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="activemq"
        class="org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent">
        <property name="configuration" ref="jmsConfig"/>
    </bean>

My question is what kind of ConnectionFactory is used by default if we
just give the brokerURL? Is it just the standard
ActiveMQConnectionFactory? The documentation seems to imply this, but
then at the end we get this:

            ActiveMQ 4.x

    For this version you must use the JMS
    <http://camel.apache.org/jms.html> component instead. Please be
    careful to use a pooling connection factory as described in the
    JmsTemplate Gotchas
    <http://activemq.apache.org/jmstemplate-gotchas.html>

Which seems to imply that the connection factory is pooled automatically
for ActiveMQ 5 + ActiveMQComponent.

Can someone clear this up (making it more clear in the docs would be
helpful in the future too).

Re: Is ActiveMQComponent automatically pooled?

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Looks like org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory is used by
default if you don't override the connectionFactory property.

Cheers,
Jon

--
Cheers,