Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Simon Pepping <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/24 10:37:51 UTC

GitAtApache wiki document

I propose the following change to the GitAtApache document at
http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache:

  PROJECT_NAME="cocoon"
- git clone git://git.apache.org/"$PROJECT_NAME"
+ git clone git://git.apache.org/"$PROJECT_NAME".git
  cd "$PROJECT_NAME"/.git; wget http://git.apache.org/authors.txt; cd ..
  git config svn.authorsfile ".git/authors.txt"
+ # check if your username and email are identical to those in the author
file
+ git config user.name
+ git config user.email
+ # if they are not identical, set the ASF values locally
+ # git config user.name <Your Name>
+ # git config user.email <Your Email>
  git svn init --prefix=origin/ --tags=tags --trunk=trunk
--branches=branches https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/"$PROJECT_NAME"
  git svn rebase

Simon

Re: GitAtApache wiki document

Posted by Simon Pepping <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Gav...

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Simon Pepping <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I propose the following change to the GitAtApache document at
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache:

+1 Good points.

BR,

Jukka Zitting