Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mars1412 <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/14 15:15:24 UTC

problem with 2 snapshot repositories with the same groupID?

I have a running configuration which uses:
org.codehaus.mojo:hibernate3-maven-plugin

everything works fine. but now I want to use another plugin from
org.codehaus.mojo:
the maven-buildnumber-plugin:
http://commons.ucalgary.ca/projects/maven-buildnumber-plugin/howto.html

thus I must add another pluginrepo:
<pluginRepository>
        <id>tlc</id>
        <name>TLC Repository</name>
        <url>http://commons.ucalgary.ca/pub/m2</url>
</pluginRepository>

when I add this repository I get the following warning:
[INFO] artifact org.codehaus.mojo:hibernate3-maven-plugin: checking for
updates from tlc
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'artifact
org.codehaus.mojo:hibernate3-maven-plugin' could not be retrieved from
repository: tlc due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'tlc' will be blacklisted

I suppose the problem may be this:
the 2 plugins have the same group: org.codehaus.mojo
when maven processes hibernate3-maven-plugin it tries to get a version for
it from any of the plugin-repositories: when searching the repositories it
also checks the new 'TLC Repository' which contains the group
org.codehaus.mojo, but NOT the hibernate3-maven-plugin (but my desired
maven-buildnumber-plugin and some others): and thus maven blacklists the tlc
repository.
Which is a problem, because when I later try to read the
maven-buildnumber-plugin, maven will not even try to get it from the TLC
repo.

does this make sense?
how can I avoid this?

cheers, Martin