Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2016/11/15 17:55:57 UTC

Re: how to insert nutch into ambari ecosystem ?

Hi Eyeris,
Replies inline

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 8:51 PM, <us...@nutch.apache.org> wrote:

> From: Eyeris Rodriguez Rueda <er...@uci.cu>
> To: user@nutch.apache.org
> Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 09:43:59 -0400 (CDT)
> Subject: how to insert nutch into ambari ecosystem ?
> Hi all.
> I have installed ambari ecosystem and it services is running
> ok(accumulo,yarn,zookeeper and others).

Good.

> My environment is a short cluster with 8 servers using ubuntu Server 14.04
> because ambari is not yet compatible with ubuntu server 16.04.

OK

> But i don't know how to insert nutch into ambari ecosystem to make crawl
> and also index with solr.
> Please any help or advice will be appreciated.

Well there are two parts to this.

One is us working over on the Ambari/BigTop platforms to ensure that the
relevant compatible packaging is created such that the option to build
Nutch with the Hadoop stack is shipped and available within Ambari. This is
probably a fair amount of work... but something which would be useful there
is no doubt about that.

The other is that when launching Hadoop clusters with Ambari and wishing to
run Nutch on there, you can do so as you would do so normally. Just log
into the head node and launch your Nutch crawler in deploy mode... simple
as that.
Any issues, let us know.
lewis

Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: how to insert nutch into ambari ecosystem ?

Posted by Eyeris Rodriguez Rueda <er...@uci.cu>.
Thanks lewis.
Nutch crawl script has an automatic option to detect if it is distributed or local mode.
as you said i have copied nutch into a cluster and also compile as a job with its configuration, and is done.
That is a complex task because ambari has a lot of component that are intersting.
I am learning about accumulo,yarn because it is new for me.
Thanks for your answer.
Eyeris.

Enviados: Martes, 15 de Noviembre 2016 13:55:57
Asunto: [MASSMAIL]Re: how to insert nutch into ambari ecosystem ?

Hi Eyeris,
Replies inline

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 8:51 PM, <us...@nutch.apache.org> wrote:

> From: Eyeris Rodriguez Rueda <er...@uci.cu>
> To: user@nutch.apache.org
> Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 09:43:59 -0400 (CDT)
> Subject: how to insert nutch into ambari ecosystem ?
> Hi all.
> I have installed ambari ecosystem and it services is running
> ok(accumulo,yarn,zookeeper and others).

Good.

> My environment is a short cluster with 8 servers using ubuntu Server 14.04
> because ambari is not yet compatible with ubuntu server 16.04.

OK

> But i don't know how to insert nutch into ambari ecosystem to make crawl
> and also index with solr.
> Please any help or advice will be appreciated.

Well there are two parts to this.

One is us working over on the Ambari/BigTop platforms to ensure that the
relevant compatible packaging is created such that the option to build
Nutch with the Hadoop stack is shipped and available within Ambari. This is
probably a fair amount of work... but something which would be useful there
is no doubt about that.

The other is that when launching Hadoop clusters with Ambari and wishing to
run Nutch on there, you can do so as you would do so normally. Just log
into the head node and launch your Nutch crawler in deploy mode... simple
as that.
Any issues, let us know.
lewis
The University of Informatics Sciences invites you to participate in the Scientific Conference UCIENCIA 2016,
november 24-26.
Conferencia Científica UCIENCIA 2016,del 24 al 26 de noviembre.
http://uciencia.eventos.uci.cu/