Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Smiley <DS...@mitre.org> on 2006/09/26 22:54:58 UTC

including a single file in an assembly, coming up blank

I've got the strangest behavior that I can't diagnose.  I'm using the
assembly plugin and I have a descriptor which includes a particular file via
final assembly as an empty file.  It doesn't matter wether I'm using
filtering, it doesn't matter wether I choose a .xml or .java file, it
doesn't matter what the output format is, it doesn't matter if the ONLY
thing in my descriptor to include is this one file reference.  It gets there
empty every time.  By the way, if I do use filtering, then
target/archive-tmp/filetoinclude will appear correctly filtered.  But again,
it doesn't end up in the assembly.  I downloaded the source to the assembly
plugin and I ran the tests successfully.  I don't know what would be
different between my project and the test cases to cause this behavior.  Any
ideas?