Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by aj...@soluziona.com on 2003/10/13 15:28:41 UTC

HELP!!! cannot build Jetspeed 2

Hi all!!

My problem is I cant't build Jetspeed 2 from cvs sorce.

I'm trying to follow 'Getting started' guidelines, but when execute 'maven
allBuild' from command line, I'm getting 42 errors.

It seems I'm not using right xml API (bad xerces version, maybe???):

MutableAttributes.java:  cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class Attributes
location: package sax
import org.xml.sax.Attributes;

RewriterServiceImpl.java:63: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class DocumentBuilderFactory
location: package parsers

SaxParserAdaptor.java:322: org.xml.sax.InputSource is not public in org.xml.sax; cannot be accessed from outside package
                    InputSource is = new InputSource(bais);

SaxParserAdaptor.java:324: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method setSystemId  (java.lang.String)
location: class org.xml.sax.InputSource
                    is.setSystemId( systemId );

etc, etc...

I'm ussing windows 2000 professional, jdk 1.3.1, tomcat 4.1.27 and maven 1.0-rc1

can anybody help me?

I need to improve my horrible english, I know it...