Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Kumar, Lokesh" <lk...@informatica.com> on 2008/08/07 00:01:49 UTC

NullPointerException in RPCMessageReceiver

Hi all,

I have trying to fix a web service that I generated using Eclipse
Service Archiver plug-in. Whenever I try to run the operations of my web
service, I see the following errors on my Apache geronimo's log where it
is deployed -

java.lang.NullPointerException

        at
org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver.invokeBusinessLogic

(RPCMessageReceiver.java:158)

        at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.invokeBusines

sLogic(AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.java:40)

        at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractMessageReceiver.receive(AbstractMe

ssageReceiver.java:96)

        at
org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:145)

        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostReq

uest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:275)

        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:120)

I found some related mail exchanges done in this group a while back -
http://marc.info/?l=axis-user&m=116248489917125&w=2 which made me
suspect that I am getting null pointer exception because the arguments
of my operation is an array of string. However, when I removed that
operation with another that takes only string or an int, I receive the
same error.

I would appreciate if someone could tell me where to look to debug this
issue.

Regards,

-Lokesh