Posted to odf-dev@incubator.apache.org by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> on 2018/09/10 19:42:12 UTC

[DISCUSS] Retirement of ODF Toolkit from the Apache Incubator

Hi -

It seems that the number of developers actively working on the ODF Toolkit has never grown large enough to be sustainable as an Apache Top Level Project. After nearly 7 years in the Incubator it is time for the ODF Toolkit community to move on.

I think retirement would consist of the following steps.

(1) Decide if the project will move elsewhere - perhaps to its own GitHub repository.
(2) Decide what entity or person should take over odftoolkit.org domain name.

Once those are decided then we can do a VOTE.

Regards,
Dave

Re: [DISCUSS] Retirement of ODF Toolkit from the Apache Incubator

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

Apache Labs is at labs.apache.org

> BTW I will be attending the LibreOffice conference in Albania next week and
> aim to discuss the potential future of ODF Toolkit at the TDF with some of
> the members.
> This will be just in time for our next incubator report.

I’m definitely OK with that.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Svante Schubert <sv...@gmail.com>.
Tom,

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@spicule.co.uk>.

<https://github.com/svanteschubert/odftoolkit/tree/odf-changes> transforms
[...]

From where I stand, it would be a terrible moment to shut down.

--

Spicule Limited is registered in England & Wales. Company Number:
09954122. Registered office: First Floor, Telecom House, 125-135 Preston
Road, Brighton, England, BN1 6AF. VAT No. 251478891.

All engagements
are subject to Spicule Terms and Conditions of Business. This email and its
contents are intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed and
may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise
protected from disclosure, distributing or copying. Any views or opinions

Posted by Svante Schubert <sv...@gmail.com>.
Hello Dave, Everyone!

[...]

From where I stand, it would be a terrible moment to shut down.