Posted to dev@onami.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/10 12:04:12 UTC

[DISCUSS] Graduation of Apache Onami

Hi all,

Apache Onami entered incubation before more than 3 months. Since then
the community has proven to be pretty active and healthy.

A look on the status page shows that a few releases have been made:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/onami.html

Two minor ones (parent pom), two component releases. Another minor
release is currently being voted on.

Three new committers were added in the past weeks.

SVNSearch shows, there is clearly one guy who is outstanding in his
motivation, but others do commit as well:
http://svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/ASF/search?path=%2Fincubator%2Fonami

Mailinglist Archives show the Community is discussing in public:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-onami-dev/

There is only one item left on the status page, which is the podling
name search. Since we have had some efforts in that area already, we
do not expect any surprises. Here is the issue we created recently and
expect to be closed soon:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-27

That said, the community consists of new Apache-people and some more
experienced Apache-people. I do not see any problem regarding
developing the Apache-way.

With all that in mind, I do not see a reason this podling needs to
stay any longer in the Incubator (given the podling name search is
resolved).

Are there any objections from the rest of the incubator to start with
the graduation preparations and finally vote?

Cheers,
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation of Apache Onami

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 1:06 AM, Niall Pemberton
<ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 8:23 PM, Christian Grobmeier
> <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> maybe my e-mail has not been seen. Any comments from the IPMC? If not,
>> I will discuss the next steps with the Onami devs.
>
> My first thought was "Is this too quick?" - but looking are the
> origins and whos involved - then I think its OK. The only thing I
> would say is that the committers voted in during graduation are still
> very new - so I guess there will still be some mentoring after
> graduation.

Thanks for your thoughts Niall. Actually yes, I think mentoring will
go on too. Personally I feel the new/old committers ratio is in
balance so I guess it will feel like any other project which elects a
new committer.

I am very happy with all of the new guys, they seem to adapt the
Apache way quickly and easily.

Christian

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.