Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2008/03/06 22:52:59 UTC

Re: [general] Debian packages of M5

On 6 March 2008 at 8:59, Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark Hindess wrote:
> > I've placed debian packages for M5 at:
> >
> >   http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/debian/
> >
> > They were created[0] with minimal, pristine copies of debian stable for
> > x86 and x86_64 and some very minor modifications[1] to the M5 federation
> > build.
> >
> > I am certain that the runtime package dependencies aren't complete - in
> > particular the awt runtime dependencies where we would have to depend
> > on -dev packages which is a bad thing for a runtime - but the build
> > dependencies are because otherwise the packages would not build.
>
> So are you asking people to test them yet or are you still working on them?

Sorry for the slow response.  I wasn't sure how much time I'd get to work
on them or if I'd make any real progress.  Now I know the answer.

> We have a placeholder on the downloads page for the packages once they
> are ready for redistribution.

I'd prefer to get some feedback from others first if we are going to add
them to the download pages.  However, I spent the evening try to get tests
running and so tomorrow I'll probably be in a position to produce a set
with better dependencies - the same but with better metadata so testing
of the existing set will still be valid.

I've also now checked in the changes needed for building in the four
revisions r63440{4,5,7,9}.

-Mark.