Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Chandni Singh <ch...@datatorrent.com> on 2015/11/16 00:16:41 UTC

Renaming Idempotent Storage Manager

Hi,

Received feedback from couple of folks that IdempotentStorageManager is not
a good name for that component. It is used in some of our input/output
operator for saving per window data.

I was thinking of calling it WindowLogger.

Let me know if anyone has a better suggestion.

Chandni

Re: Renaming Idempotent Storage Manager

Posted by Yogi Devendra <de...@gmail.com>.
Name WindowDataLogger sounds like class is responsible for plain dump log
of data(at window level). It does not reflect if it used for recovery or
any other purpose.

WindowDataManager is more generic name which does not reflect any specific
purpose. It can do any umbrella activity required to manage data.

This looks like a tradeoff between precision and accuracy. Developer may
take a final call.

~ Yogi

Posted by Chandni Singh <ch...@datatorrent.com>.
---

Posted by Yogi Devendra <yo...@apache.org>.
+1 for WindowDataManager

Posted by Sandeep Deshmukh <sa...@datatorrent.com>.
+1 for 3.

Posted by Timothy Farkas <ti...@datatorrent.com>.
+1 for 1

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.
Chandni,
I am late but my vote is for WindowDataManager too.

Thks
Amol

Posted by Chandni Singh <ch...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Munagala Ramanath <ra...@datatorrent.com>.
+1 WindowDataManager

Posted by Sandesh Hegde <sa...@datatorrent.com>.
+1 WindowDataManager

Posted by Gaurav Gupta <ga...@datatorrent.com>.
+1 for WindowDataManager. WindowDataLogger feels like another utility to log but Idempotent Storage Manager is more than that.

Posted by Chandni Singh <ch...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Chandni Singh <ch...@datatorrent.com>.

Posted by Siyuan Hua <si...@datatorrent.com>.