Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Martin Stockhammer <ma...@apache.org> on 2019/10/17 08:46:55 UTC

Redback Components

Hi together,

during dependency cleanup of archiva and redback I came to the
conclusion that I would like to consolidate the redback-components
projects. I know that these are mostly independent modules, but they use
the same site configuration and the same parent and it would make them
much easier to handle, if they are in the same repository.
And in my view their development and release cycle is tightly coupled to
the archiva and redback releases, so I don't think they are really
independent. We just need to have them apart, because they are used by
redback and archiva together.

For this I have created a new repository archiva-components.git

And I will change the maven coordinates for these projects to:
<groupId>org.apache.archiva.components</groupId>
<artifactId>archiva-components-<name></artifactId>

I'm retiring the components that are not used anymore by archiva and
redback (removing them from the Jenkins build and add a notification to
the README).

The others will be copied to the new repository archiva-components.git
I will not move/merge the commit histories.

Kind Regards

Martin