Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Tom Eugelink <tb...@tbee.org> on 2012/04/17 16:16:41 UTC

getconverter is final

Is there any particular reason why getConverter has been made final. I really would like to roll in my own converter in DateTextField to handle Joda time.

Tom

Re: getconverter is final

Posted by Tom Eugelink <tb...@tbee.org>.

By now I have created my own JodaDateTextField and a JodaDateConverter. The only thing that doesn't work yet is the DatePicker popup; it doesn't format the time.

Tom

Re: getconverter is final

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Tom,

I see no reason why to keep the final at
org.apache.wicket.datetime.markup.html.form.DateTextField#getConverter()
There are several other places where #getConverter() is overridden and
it is not final there.

Please file a ticket.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Tom Eugelink <tb...@tbee.org> wrote:

> Is there any particular reason why getConverter has been made final. I
> really would like to roll in my own converter in DateTextField to handle
> Joda time.
>
> Tom

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend