Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jerry Jalenak <Je...@LABONE.com> on 2004/01/22 17:27:24 UTC

[DisplayTag] Use of ID= Parameter

All,

I'm in the process of implementing the new <display/> taglib, and am really
excited about the ability to have multiple, independent, tables on the same
page.  In order to make this work, though, the ID= parameter for each table
has to be different.  This is where I'm running into problems.  I've got my
<display:table/> inside of a <nested:iterate/> so I can generate 1-n tables
- this works fine.  However, when I try to vary the ID= parameter, I get
ClassCastExceptions in org.displaytag.tags.TableTagExtraInfo on the
following line:

	Object tagId = data.getAttributeString(TagAttributeInfo.ID);

I've tried to define a page-scope variable and include it in a small chunk
of scriptlet code, but I just can't seem to get around this.  Does anyone
have any ideas?

Thanks!

Jerry Jalenak
Development Manager, Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.
10101 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS  66219
(913) 577-1496

jerry.jalenak@labone.com

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this transmission in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify
LabOne at the following email address: securityincidentreporting@labone.com