Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2006/11/15 17:02:59 UTC

JSP 2.1 for Jetty6 in JavaEE5 sandbox

While trying to get JSTL 1.2 from Glassfish integrated into the JavaEE5
sandbox I discovered that the current implementation of Jetty6 in the
sandbox is still using JSP 2.0 (from tomcat/jasper).  Jetty 6 itself
builds the api & runtime jars for both JSP 2.0 and JSP 2.1 using what I
believe is the Glassfish implementation.  I'm in the process of updating
the updating the JavaEE5 sandbox to use the JSP 2.1 produced by the
Jetty 6.1-SNAPSHOT build.

A related question:  I had to move the integration of JSTL from the web
console and geronimo-jsp-examples out to the assembly.  To do this on my
local copy I ended up duplicating a large portion of the applications
branch on my private image (all of the console and the
geronimo-examples/genonimo-jsp-examples).  This creates *a lot* more
stuff in the sparse tree that would need to be maintained with trunk if
I check this in (there have already been several changes since I did
this).  Is there a better way to do this without pulling in so many
parts?  Since my changes were in the poms and plans for building various
console components it seemed like I had to include everything below that
pom in the source tree.

Joe