Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/12 14:31:26 UTC

[m1] final name and classpath in manifest file

Hi,

when setting a final name for a jar file (for instance to not include a
version number in the name of the file), I get into problems with the
generated manifest entry "Classpath". This one still includes the version
numbered jars. Should this be considered a bug or is there a workaround for
this.

regards,

Wim
PS: We need jars without version numbers because InstallShield is not
capable of updating myjar-1.0.jar to myjar-2.0.jar because it is not the
same file name. Very annoying in my opinion, so if anybody should have a
clue on how to configure InstallShield to do this, my above question will
become obsolete. :)