Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Garret Wilson <ga...@globalmentor.com> on 2008/10/13 00:28:53 UTC

Re: non-LF line endings in log message

So it seems as if this issue has fallen through the cracks because the
Subversion team and the Subclipse team keep passing the buck back and
forth. I can't even file a bug report because I don't know where to file
it---nobody will take responsibility for it. I suppose I could just file
it in both places.

This problem still exists using the *very* latest of everything: Eclipse
3.4.1, WTP-WST 3.0.3, and Subclipse 1.4.5.

This issue occurs using Apache mod_dav on the server side.

This should be easy to reproduce: install the software versions I
mentioned, put Subversion behind Apache mod_dav, and try to use
Subclipse to check in any message in which you've used the Enter key to
create multiple lines.

Garret

P.S. I don't get it---am I the only one using multiple lines in my
Subclipse commit messages? Why does no one care about this?

Posted by Garret Wilson <ga...@globalmentor.com>.
Garret Wilson wrote:
> Daniel Shahaf wrote:
>> Because the error doesn't exist in a released version?  (Mark: this
>> explains why you couldn't reproduce with 1.5.1 server.)  You originally
>> said that the error you had was "Cannot accept non-LF line endings in
>> log message"; that error is from validate_prop() in trunk, but has not
>> been backported to 1.5.x.
>>
>> What version of Subversion is your server running?
>>

> On the server I'm currently using r33942 from trunk.

I'm sorry--scratch that. My server seems to be r33072 from trunk.

Garret

Re: non-LF line endings in log message

Posted by Garret Wilson <ga...@globalmentor.com>.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.