Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/21 21:56:01 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Project: Magnet [was: Suggestion for getting contributors]

Sorry for the cross-posting (just this one time).

I propose to build this project in the labs with the proposed name
'magnet' (doap attached). Suggestions for a better name highly appreciated.

Most of what's needed I will take from the Memories app I presented
@apachecon. Only 2 things are missing, the posting to twitter part (my
app only used searches, but not a biggie) and to modify the UI. I can
have a working alpha in about a week.

I hope the labs will accept this proposal and I assume that:
* on labs@ we'll continue the technical discussions
* on comdev@ we'll continue with more ideas/suggestions/requirements
* members@ will be aware of the effort.

Cheers,
Hadrian

--
Hadrian Zbarcea
Principal Software Architect

Re: [PROPOSAL] Project: Magnet [was: Suggestion for getting contributors]

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
I am not that concerned about the burden of community building in the
long run. In the short run, I assume that's the fastest and easiest way
to get results. A few committers expressed interest already so I assume
I won't be the only one contributing to it. We could be up and running,
online in a couple of weeks, depending on available time.

In labs@ we also have a bit more freedom to experiment ideas and I
suspect some general purpose artifacts will come out of this project and
we'll end up in the incubator at some point.

I removed members@ and labs@ on purpose from the cc list. I guess this
tread will go in different ways from here on and I'd prefer to not spam
everybody.

Thanks,
Hadrian

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.