Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Rupert Westenthaler <rw...@apache.org> on 2011/01/14 13:26:48 UTC

Re: Proposal: Steps for the code conversion to org.apache.stanbol

Hi all,

With revision r1058959 I consider Step 1 and 2 as completed for RICK.
So if  nobody
objects I would like to start with Step 3 next week.

This work will include:
 - rename everything from "eu.iksproject" to "org.apache.stanbol"
 - rename the root package "rick" to "entityHub"
 - rename the interface "Rick" to "EntityHub" and "RickConfiguration" to
   "EntityHubConfiguration" (same for the implementation)

This should not have any major influence to other components. Only the
RICK based
Enhancement Engine and the FISE full launcher configuration will need
some adaptions.

After completing (and committing) this Step I plan to immediately
start with Step 4.
While doing that I would also like to move and update the
documentation available
at [1] to Stanbol.

Related to that I have the question if we have already a wiki for Stanbol and
if not what steps are required to get one?
I was only able to find a single sentence in a protocol from October that
we can ask for a wiki and that it usually will take about 10 days
before it is available.

best
Rupert Westenthaler

Posted by Olivier Grisel <ol...@ensta.org>.
2011/1/14 Rupert Westenthaler <rw...@apache.org>:
> Hi all,
>
> With revision r1058959 I consider Step 1 and 2 as completed for RICK.
> So if  nobody
> objects I would like to start with Step 3 next week.
>
> This work will include:
>  - rename everything from "eu.iksproject" to "org.apache.stanbol"
>  - rename the root package "rick" to "entityHub"
>  - rename the interface "Rick" to "EntityHub" and "RickConfiguration" to
>   "EntityHubConfiguration" (same for the implementation)

I would rather not have mixed case in package names: hence entityhub
than entityHub

Otherwise +1

--
Olivier

Re: Proposal: Steps for the code conversion to org.apache.stanbol

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rupert

2011/1/14 Rupert Westenthaler <rw...@apache.org>

> Hi all,
>
> With revision r1058959 I consider Step 1 and 2 as completed for RICK.
> So if  nobody
> objects I would like to start with Step 3 next week.
>
> This work will include:
>  - rename everything from "eu.iksproject" to "org.apache.stanbol"
>  - rename the root package "rick" to "entityHub"
>  - rename the interface "Rick" to "EntityHub" and "RickConfiguration" to
>   "EntityHubConfiguration" (same for the implementation)
>
> This should not have any major influence to other components. Only the
> RICK based
> Enhancement Engine and the FISE full launcher configuration will need
> some adaptions.

it sounds like a good plan.
Only a side note on the latest commit, let's remember to keep svn commits
bound to the related Jira issue (i.e. use "[STANBOL-NN]  - blabla" as svn
log message when committing) so that everyone can understand what's being
committed just from the log and track changes from Jira;-)

2011/1/14 Olivier Grisel <ol...@ensta.org>

> I would rather not have mixed case in package names: hence entityhub
> than entityHub

+1 here as well

Cheers,
Tommaso