Posted to user@ant.apache.org by co...@bluegumtree.com on 2014/06/13 22:59:41 UTC

BuildTestRule

Hi all,

I'm in the process of writing an ANT task and would like to use
BuildTestRule in my testing as recommended by the manual
(http://ant.apache.org/manual/tutorial-writing-tasks.html#TestingTasks).  However,
the class doesn't seem to be in either the core ant.jar or test-utils.jar.

I've downloaded apache-ant-1.9.4-src and see the class in
src/tests/junit/org/apache/tools/ant/ but it's not clear to me which
target I need to run in order to create a jar that will include the
compiled class.  I've tried the default target and "test-jar" but the
BuildTestRule is missing from the resultant jars of both builds.

Can anyone advise on how or where I can obtain a jar containing the
compiled BuildTestRule, please?

S.

Ps. The link provided in the manual to a nightly build appears to be
broken: http://gump.covalent.net/jars/latest/ant/ant-testutil.jar

Re: BuildFileRule

Posted by co...@bluegumtree.com.
Apologies.  My query, below, is about BuildFileRule not BuildTestRule.

AW: BuildFileRule

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.
ant-core\src\tests\junit\org\apache\tools\ant\BuildFileRule.java

This file 'should' be contained in the ant-testutil.jar.
But because of a missing <include> statement it was not, thanks for
pointing.

Next nightly should contain the compiled class
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Ant/job/Ant_Nightly/lastSuccessfulBu
ild/artifact/distribution/binaries/

Or the jar directly via
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Ant/job/Ant_BuildFromPOMs/ws/target/
ant-testutil/ant-testutil-1.9.5-SNAPSHOT.jar
(since job#387)

Jan

Re: BuildFileRule

Posted by Sheila Ellen Thomson <we...@bluegumtree.com>.