Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com> on 2003/04/14 17:57:11 UTC

Using the Tapestry name

Just noticed this blurb in the apache license:

Products derived from this software may not be called "Apache"
* or "Tapestry", nor may "Apache" or "Tapestry" appear in their
* name, without prior written permission of the Apache Software Foundation.

Spindle (an Eclipse plugin for building Tapestry apps), uses the name
'Tapestry'. How does one go about getting permission to use the name?

Geoff Longman
Tapestry Committer

RE: Using the Tapestry name

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
I think the name is "Spindle".  The description is "an Eclipse plugin for
building Tapestry apps".  Referencing the Tapestry name is fine.

I think you would be in violation if it was called "TapestrySpindle",
perhaps.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components