Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2005/05/25 02:02:25 UTC

Re: Lenya system requirements

solprovider@gmail.com wrote:

> Installation Instructions Revision Attempt #2:
> 1. Get Apache Tomcat for JDK 1.4
> Lenya is developed and tested with Tomcat 5.0.28; it is assumed in the
> following instructions, and we highly recommend it.
> Lenya uses the Java Servlet 2.2 specification, and may be compatible
> with any version of Tomcat since the initial 3.0 release, but must use
> Java 1.4.2.  See <A>Known good configurations.</A>

2.3 actually. 2.2 does not have the getResourceAsStream()

> Then start a Wiki page for "KnownConfigurations":
> Lenya, Cocoon, XSL, JRE, JSP Server, WebServer

good idea

Re: Lenya system requirements

Posted by "J. Wolfgang Kaltz" <ka...@interactivesystems.info>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss schrieb:
> solprovider@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Installation Instructions Revision Attempt #2:
>> 1. Get Apache Tomcat for JDK 1.4
>> Lenya is developed and tested with Tomcat 5.0.28; it is assumed in the
>> following instructions, and we highly recommend it.
>> Lenya uses the Java Servlet 2.2 specification, and may be compatible
>> with any version of Tomcat since the initial 3.0 release, but must use
>> Java 1.4.2.  See <A>Known good configurations.</A>
>

> 2.3 actually. 2.2 does not have the getResourceAsStream()

Actually, according to
http://servlets.com/soapbox/servlet21.html and
http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.1/api/javax.servlet.ServletContext.html

this was introduced in API 2.1.
So Tomcat 3.3 shouldn't be a problem.

I can imagine (as solprovider indicated) that there are still many of
these around in production, so Lenya should work on such existing
installations (assuming the current xml libraries can be added and do
not cause incompatibilities with other running webapps)

--
Wolfgang