Posted to commits@pig.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/10/08 01:38:42 UTC

[Pig Wiki] Trivial Update of "JoinFramework" by OlgaN

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Pig Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by OlgaN:
http://wiki.apache.org/pig/JoinFramework

  == Objective ==

- This document provides a comprehensive view of performing joins in Pig. By =JOIN= here we mean traditional inner/outer SQL joins which in Pig are realized via =COGROUP= followed by flatten of the relations.
+ This document provides a comprehensive view of performing joins in Pig. By JOIN here we mean traditional inner/outer SQL joins which in Pig are realized via COGROUP followed by flatten of the relations.

  Some of the approaches described in this document can also be applied to CROSS and GROUP as well.