Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Mato Mira, Fernando" <Fe...@dialog.com> on 2003/06/04 13:36:07 UTC

multiple catalogue search

Hello,

  Continuing with my work on customization, I'd like to be able to search
multiple catalogs,
so if the customized web name is "foo" I'd like to be able to do:

1. search translation in appropriate file of "messages_foo" catalog
hierarchy
2. If no entry is found, search translation in appropriate file of
"messages" catalog hierarchy

Even more than two catalogs hierarchies could be used, to accomodate for
domain-specific jargon, eg:

1. search messages_novartis hierarchy
2. search messages_biochemical hierarchy
3. search messages hierarchy

--
Fernando D. Mato Mira       matomira@acm.org
Thomson Dialog

E-MAIL NOTICE:
This message (plus any attachments) is confidential and may be subject
to lawyer-client privilege.  Use without permission is strictly
prohibited.

Re: multiple catalogue search

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 04.Jun.2003 -- 01:36 PM, Mato Mira, Fernando wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   Continuing with my work on customization, I'd like to be able to search
> multiple catalogs,
> so if the customized web name is "foo" I'd like to be able to do:
>
> 1. search translation in appropriate file of "messages_foo" catalog
> hierarchy
> 2. If no entry is found, search translation in appropriate file of
> "messages" catalog hierarchy
>
> Even more than two catalogs hierarchies could be used, to accomodate for
> domain-specific jargon, eg:
>
> 1. search messages_novartis hierarchy
> 2. search messages_biochemical hierarchy
> 3. search messages hierarchy

If you were using InputModules for the look up (unfortunately, you
don't tell us how / what you search and what happens with the result),
you could create a new instance of the ChainMetaModule with an
arbitrary number of other modules ie. XMLFileModules each one
associated with one XML file for lookup. The first module that
contains a value for the key will be used, otherwise the list is
searched in the given order.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l