Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@apache.org> on 2013/12/02 18:28:34 UTC

ANNOUNCE: Apache Solr Reference Guide 4.6

The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the release of the Apache Solr
Reference Guide for Solr 4.6.

This 347 page PDF serves as the definitive users manual for Solr 4.6.

The Solr Reference Guide is available for download from the Apache mirror
network:

   https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/ref-guide/

(If you have followup questions, please send them only to
solr-user@lucene.apache.org)

-Hoss

Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache Solr Reference Guide 4.6

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: But it still has the error about TrimFilterFactory in it, which I reported a couple of days back.

Bernd, thanks for reporting this -- I did not notice your email when you
initially sent it, but it was after the vote for hte RC began anyway, and
was not brought up in the VOTE thread as a blocker.

I've updated the docs to fix this...
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Filter+Descriptions

In the future, if you have comments/suggestions about doc improvements,
please post them as comments in the ref guide -- that not only makes
them directly accessible by people reviewing the online copy, but
also helps them stand out better when folks are reviewing the docs
for bugs just prior to release.

thanks again for catching this.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/

Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache Solr Reference Guide 4.6

Posted by Bernd Fehling <be...@uni-bielefeld.de>.
But it still has the error about TrimFilterFactory in it, which I reported a couple of days back.
http://www.mail-archive.com/solr-user@lucene.apache.org/msg92064.html

So what it needs to correct the Reference Guide is to place a note like under StopFilter somewhere under TrimFilter:
"As of Solr 4.4, the updateOffsets argument is no longer supported."

By the way, I found the solution to my question by looking into the sources.
Thanks anyway.

Bernd

Posted by "Ing. Jorge Luis Betancourt Gonzalez" <jl...@uci.cu>.
Is it possible to export the doc into markdown?

Posted by Fred at Zimzaz <zi...@gmail.com>.