Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Vadim Kimlaychuk <Va...@Elion.ee> on 2015/06/11 12:49:59 UTC

VHD root disks and VM start-up process at XenServer

Hello friends,

            I would like to understand how CloudStack creates/runs VM on XenServer host?  What source files contain process of VM start-up?
            I want to repeat this process manually on dedicated host, but it seems XAPI does not work with VHD disk images.  I can’t start VM from existing VHD file manually. Converting it to XVA is not the case I suppose.

            I have tried to create empty VM from XenServer template and replace root disk by my VHD file, but VM fails to start-up. Who can shed the light on this process?

Thanks,

Vadim Kimlaychuk

Re: VHD root disks and VM start-up process at XenServer

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Hi,

I recommend you take a look at CitrixResourceBase. This is the "server
resource" for XenServer and is where commands such as "start VM" are
dispatched to.

Talk to you later,
Mike

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 4:49 AM, Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlaychuk@elion.ee