Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by Abhishek Raj <ab...@iitrpr.ac.in> on 2014/06/11 18:46:47 UTC

Re: [External] Re: Cannot load AggregatePlainTextUmlsProcessor.xml

I think the error is in the ytex.profile file. I am not really sure though.
I am attaching the file. Please let me know if there is anything to be
changed in the file that might fix the issue. Thanks.

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 10:04 PM, Lee, Richard A. [USA] <lee_richard@bah.com

Posted by "Lee, Richard A. [USA]" <le...@bah.com>.
Done. It is indeed “the same results” (as when trying to use the old non-ytex AE): the same runtime exception popup. “See the log file”, it says, but as before I’m not seeing anything obvious in ctakes.log (attached).

Posted by John Green <he...@gmail.com>.
Also, Vijay: What was the thought process behind the lack of subtypes? Was
this more robust? Even with just "plain vanilla" entity mentions as you
say, I find as Mr Lee did that I am only getting a very limited set of
annotations, they seem to be drugs and a few other entities only.

I feel we are all missing something very obvious to inveterate UIMA users
like yourself ...

Thanks as always for your time, I know how limited that can be and how
helping novices can be so frustrating,
Sincerely,
JG

Posted by John Green <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vijay - I tried this again with a fresh install including ant and Im getting the same error. Any hints as to what direction I should turn my investigation? Im a bit at a loss...

Thanks as always for your time,

John
—
Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

Posted by John Green <he...@gmail.com>.
A manual query such as SELECT * FROM ytex.v_snomed_fword_lookup WHERE
fword="mesna"; works OK btw.

Posted by John Green <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by vijay garla <vn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Green <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Green <he...@gmail.com>.
More info: The issue seems to revolve around how ytex uses
v_snowmed_fword_lookup and how ctakes does... and when you wire the
pipeline together as we've mentioned here, swapping ytex dictionary lookup
for ctakes, this difference is breaking the process.

Still investigating.

Posted by vijay garla <vn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Lee, Richard A. [USA]" <le...@bah.com>.

Posted by Abhishek Raj <ab...@iitrpr.ac.in>.

Posted by vijay garla <vn...@gmail.com>.
CTAKES_HOME\resources\org\apache\ctakes\ytex\dictionary\lookup\LookupDesc_SNOMED.
*template*.xml will have this line:
<jdbcImpl tableName="@db.schema@.v_snomed_fword_lookup"/>

During the setup, ytex looks at the ytex.properties file and substitutes
@db.schema@ with the name of your schema.  E.g. if I have this in
ytex.properties:
db.schema=ytex
CTAKES_HOME\resources\org\apache\ctakes\ytex\dictionary\lookup\LookupDesc_SNOMED.xml
will have this line:
<jdbcImpl tableName="ytex.v_snomed_fword_lookup"/>

Either the ytex ant setup failed for some reason (did you send the output
to a file?), or hasn't been run.  If it hasn't run, then there might be
other issues.

-vj