Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/08 23:08:57 UTC

Please apply patch for openejb-625 and openejb-627

Could some generous committers apply the patches for me? i need to
checkout the updated version and start working on something.

Thanks

--
Karan Singh Malhi

Re: Please apply patch for openejb-625 and openejb-627 -- Thanks yet again, Karan!

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
> Ok.  OPENEJB-625 is in!  Yet another great patch!  This one fixing a
> bug that was in no way my fault ... unless you consider me changing
> the version number from 3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT to 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT and
> not paying attention to this test case with the old version number in
> it as being my fault (or the fact that i checked in a test case with
> a hardcoded version number in the first place).

Nope, its not your fault at all. :) .

> You the man, Karan!  (hey, that rhymes)
LOL ..  :)

> Or I bet we could use the UrlSet class in xbean-finder and find the
> jar/path with openejb-itests-beans in it.  That'd probably be easiest.
This is really crazy, I thought about using the maven api to find the
current pom version and appending that version to the itests-beans.jar
to create the file name and then find that file.  Then i thought of
using the xbean API because i have seen in the code base how the
ResourceFinder was used so effectively . I was running short of time
and was not comfortable with the maven or xbean API, so decided to
just fix the version number and maven repository location lookup.

>Not something we need to fix now though, but if anyone is bored....

Not that I am bored, but this will get me started with the xbean API,
so I would like to fix this.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Ok.  OPENEJB-625 is in!  Yet another great patch!  This one fixing a
bug that was in no way my fault ... unless you consider me changing
the version number from 3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT to 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT and
not paying attention to this test case with the old version number in
it as being my fault (or the fact that i checked in a test case with
a hardcoded version number in the first place).

You the man, Karan!  (hey, that rhymes)

So, we definitely need to figure out a way to get hold of the itests
jar without needing to know the version number (or even where it
might be on the filesystem).  It's in the classpath because we have a
dep on it from core, so maybe we can squirt some file into the itests
jar and look for it in the classpath.  Or just look for a known class
name or something.

Or I bet we could use the UrlSet class in xbean-finder and find the
jar/path with openejb-itests-beans in it.  That'd probably be easiest.

Not something we need to fix now though, but if anyone is bored....

-David

Re: Please apply patch for openejb-625 and openejb-627 -- Thanks Karan!

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
OPENEJB-267 is applied!  Another great patch as usual, nice refactor
of the logging interface switching the log category constants into
old style enums.  Very slick!

Working on the next one.

-David