Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Markus Klink <mk...@baba9.com> on 2001/03/08 04:58:27 UTC

C2 and Sitemap on JRun, Tomcat 3.2.1, Tomcat 4.0

Dear All,

I run into the same problem again and again, and although there is some
mentioning of it in the older mailing list archives, no one seems to
have provided a solution for it so far, but the mailing list archives I
know of are only accessible upto December 2000.

I have C2 as latest cvs version (latest checkout today) and have tried
to install it in vain on Tomcat 3.2.1, Tomcat 4.0 and JRun on a Linux
box using jdk1.3

The first problem I faced was that references to old XML parsers were
found and cocoon would not initialize. that was easily solved on all
machines, by finding the culprit (usually jaxp, parser or xml.jar) and
replacing it with xerces_1_3_0.jar which is delivered with cocoon.

However, now I always bump into the Sitemap problem, which I am not able
to solve and neither found any reference to it in the FAQ.

This is my stacktrace for JRUN (http://localhost:8100/cocoon/):

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's sitemap is
not available.
       at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:107)
       at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:387)
       at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1013)
       at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java:925)
       at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:88)
       at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1131)
       at allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.dispatch(JvmContext.java:330)
       at allaire.jrun.http.WebEndpoint.run(WebEndpoint.java:107)
       at allaire.jrun.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:272)
       at allaire.jrun.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:75)

The cocoon.log file displays this (in excerpts, I can send the whole log
to individuals if desired). This is the same for Tomcat 4.0 and JRun. On
both machines I get the
compile error involving emptyParam and sitemap will not be generated.

DEBUG   8489    [cocoon  ] (Thread-6): Making URL from
jrun://localvm/apps/cocoo
n/resources/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-2.0a4.jar/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/m
arkup/sitemap/java/sitemap.xsl
DEBUG   8490    [cocoon  ] (Thread-6): Logicsheet
Used:jrun://localvm/apps/cocoo
n/resources/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-2.0a4.jar/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/m
arkup/sitemap/java/sitemap.xsl
DEBUG   11610   [cocoon  ] (Thread-6): Language Exception
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
sitemap
_xmap:
Line 0, column 0:
/usr/local/JRun/servers/default/tmp/cocoon/org/apache/cocoon/w
ww/sitemap_xmap.java:59: '}' expected.
  private Parameters emptyParam = new Parameters();
                                                  ^

       at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JavaLanguage.c
ompile(JavaLanguage.java:201)
       at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.CompiledProgramming
Language.load(CompiledProgrammingLanguage.java:132)
       at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.
generateResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:245)
       at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.
load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:163)
       at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:174)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
ERROR   11612   [cocoon  ] (Thread-6): CocoonComponentSelector Could not
find co
mponent for hint 'org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xmap'.
DEBUG   11702   [cocoon  ] (Thread-6): Can't load ServerPage
org.apache.avalon.ComponentNotAccessibleException: Could not add
component for c
lass: org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap
       at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.GeneratorSelector.add
Generator(GeneratorSelector.java:61)

followed by some more exceptions and finally:

DEBUG   14297   [cocoon  ] (web-0): Changing Cocoon
context(sitemap.xmap) to pre
fix()
DEBUG   14298   [cocoon  ] (web-0):     from
context(file:/home/mkl/cocoon2/) an
d prefix()
DEBUG   14298   [cocoon  ] (web-0):     at URI
DEBUG   14299   [cocoon  ] (web-0): New context is file:/home/mkl/cocoon2/
ERROR   14301   [cocoon  ] (web-0): Problem with servlet
[...]
INFO    14565   [cocoon  ] (web-0): '' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.0a4
in 11.45
6 seconds.

sorry if I ask the obvious - I couldn't find the solution in the mailing
list, which usually says, upgrade to Tomcat 4.0 (I started with 3.21).
this is did, downloaded a milestone, the cvs version, and tried the
version supplied with Turbine in the Turbine Starter Kit. Now I am
slowly running out of diskspace.

Thanks,
Markus