Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "D. Salvatore" <dd...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/01 14:50:44 UTC

Current active queries and status/type

Hello!
There is any way to know how many queries a node is currently serving
through JMX(or other tools)? And the state of the request so, for example,
if the request is waiting for data from another node?

Thanks
Salvatore

Re: Current active queries and status/type

Posted by Jens Rantil <je...@tink.se>.
You can do sampling of tracing on a table to avoid some of the overhead.

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018, 00:23 D. Salvatore <dd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nicolas,
> Thank you very much for the response.
> I am looking into something with a smaller time frame than a minute.
> Tracing is a good way to get these information but it introduces a huge
> overhead in the system that I'd like to avoid it.
>
> Thanks
> Salvatore

>> Hi,
>>
>> With
>> org.apache.cassandra.metrics:type=ClientRequest,scope=Read,name=Latency and
>> OneMinuteRate you can have such a metrics
>>
>> As for the state of the request with regards to other node I do no think
>> you can have that IMHO with JMX  (this is available using TRACING per
>> request)
>>

>> On 1 March 2018 at 15:50, D. Salvatore <dd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello!
>>> There is any way to know how many queries a node is currently serving
>>> through JMX(or other tools)? And the state of the request so, for example,
>>> if the request is waiting for data from another node?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Salvatore
>>>

> --

Jens Rantil
Backend Developer @ Tink

Tink AB, Wallingatan 5, 111 60 Stockholm, Sweden
For urgent matters you can reach me at +46-708-84 18 32.

Re: Current active queries and status/type

Posted by "D. Salvatore" <dd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nicolas,

Posted by Nicolas Guyomar <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,