Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by Shivram Mani <sh...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/02 17:53:29 UTC

Re: Apache HAWQ 2.3.0.0 release plan

Yi, for the pluggable storage framework to be merged to master we need to
have a more detailed proposal talking about design/implementation etc. It
has been more than a year since the first ORC related draft was first
published for the pluggable framework. August timeline seems very unlikely.

--
shivram mani

Re: Apache HAWQ 2.3.0.0 release plan

Posted by Yi JIN <yj...@apache.org>.
Hi Shivram,

This framework is not ORC oriented, it does not care any specific file
system or format in fact per my understanding.

And yes, I have required that its design proposal should be available in
community for comment before delivery.

Best,
Yi