Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jack Zakarian <jz...@welchpartners.com> on 2003/03/19 23:34:32 UTC

CheckBox values passed from actionForm to bean

Hi,

I have an actionForm with header (single valued properties) and detail
(multi row item records). There is a checkbox for each detail record so
that the user can select

which detail records to process e.g. delete all selected detail records.

In the actionForm I have defined  a boolean for the checkbox : Boolean[]
selected and initialized it to {false,false,false,false,false}. I have
also set up the reset method

on the form to initialize the boolean array. When ever I populate the
checkboxes from the database I set them to false.

My problem is that when the user selects some of the checkboxes struts
only populates the data bean with the selected boxes. I have searched
the archives , apache.org and Struts in Action but

couldn't find an answer or solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack