Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2016/11/29 00:50:39 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Joshua 6.1 RC#2

Hello general@,
Please VOTE on the Apache Joshua 6.1 Release Candidate #2.
This RC#2 has already successfully passed a VOTE over on user@ and
dev@joshua and RESULTS were as follows

[10] +1, let's get it released!!!
Lewis John McGibbney*
Matt Post
Tommaso Teofili*
John Hewitt
Kellen Sunderland
Tom Barber*
Chris A. Mattmann*
Henry Saptura*
Michael A. Hedderich
Felix Hieber

[0] +/-0, fine, but consider to fix few issues before...
[0] -1, nope, because... (and please explain why)

*IPMC-binding

We solved ~50 issues: https://s.apache.org/joshua6.1

Git source tag (29c8be650d53216f779a340d33f8f61af4d45629):
https://s.apache.org/pk2t <https://s.apache.org/joshua6.1tag>

Staging repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
orgapachejoshua-1001/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejoshua-1000/>

Source Release Artifacts: https://dist.apache.org/repos/
dist/dev/incubator/joshua/

PGP release keys (signed using 48BAEBF6): https://dist.apache.org/repos/
dist/release/incubator/joshua/KEYS

Vote will be open for 72 hours.
Thank you to everyone that is able to VOTE as well as everyone that
contributed to Apache Joshua 6.1.

[ ] +1, let's get it released!!!
[ ] +/-0, fine, but consider to fix few issues before...
[ ] -1, nope, because... (and please explain why)

P.S. here is my +1

--
http://home.apache.org/~lewismc/
@hectorMcSpector

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Joshua 6.1 RC#2

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> RE: the language packs, they aren't officially Apache released as of now - they are simply on Matt Post's JHU website.

While they are hosted externally I see them listed on a download page on your site [1] without any clear indication that they are not offical releases.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JOSHUA/Language+Packs

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Joshua 6.1 RC#2

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
Justin thanks for your thorough comments. Lewis, Matt & team we should take these back onto dev@j.i.a.o and address them.

RE: the language packs, they aren't officially Apache released as of now - they are simply on Matt Post's JHU website. Eventually we would like them to be Apache released, but we are working with infra@ (or at least were in the past) to get that done and we will require some increased space.

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Sorry but it’s -1 (binding) as:
- Your missing incubating in the release artefacts name. [1]
- There are a number of binary files in the source release that look to be compiled source code.

I checked:
- name doesn’t include incubating
[...]

I also notice you recently released the language packs (18th Nov) but there doesn’t seem to have been a vote for that? Any reason for this?