Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Udita Negi <ud...@grapecity.com> on 2011/11/11 05:57:37 UTC

How can I make my thread wait till all requests are completed

I have to run script for 5 users with requests for each user set to
“Forever”

However I want to introduce a wait time in each thread depending upon
output from another request. How can that be achieved

Re: How can I make my thread wait till all requests are completed

Posted by Bruce Ide <fl...@gmail.com>.
You might be able to coerce a synchronizing timer into doing what you want.
If that doesn't work for you, you might have to go off and write your own
sampler to communicate data between the threads. It's easy enough to create
a config data element and bind an actual java object to a jmeter variable.
That allows you to do anything Java can do in your test.

I did some thread sync and communication stuff over on github (
https://github.com/flyingrhenquest). Works all-right, makes the test very
hard for other testers to understand and maintain. So feel free to browse
around in there for ideas or use my plugins or both, but keep in mind that
it's probably a bad idea from a testing perspective.

I guess this is kind of like giving you a foot-shooting gun and explaining
that shooting yourself in the foot is a bad idea heh heh heh.

--
Bruce Ide
FlyingRhenquest@gmail.com

RE: How can I make my thread wait till all requests are completed

Posted by Udita Negi <ud...@grapecity.com>.
I had to wait in same thread. My problem got solved my adding a while loop
till some condition is met.
Thanks

>However I want to introduce a wait time in each thread depending upon
output from another request.

Is this another request from the same thread/user? (in which case this is
simple ) . If you mean from some other thread, then perhaps you need to
explain what/why you want to do

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.