Posted to apachecon-discuss@apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2016/11/01 15:28:01 UTC

On-site session recording assistance needed at ApacheCon Seville

I will be bringing recording gear to ApacheCon, in the form of a bag of
mini digital recorders, and batteries. These can be plugged into the
sound boards in each speaking room to capture the audio from the sessions.

I do not expect to have time to do this this year in Seville, nor do I
anticipate having time to edit the resulting audio files like I did last
time.

I need volunteers to help with this process both on-site, and after the
event, so that we can have some audio record of the event. Any help is
appreciated, including one or more of the following tasks:

* Just volunteering to run the whole thing so I don't have to think
about it. **
* Plugging recorders in, in each speaking room, each morning
* Retrieving recorders each evening
* Dumping audio from the SD card on the speaker to an external hard
drive for future processing
* Processing each track and splitting it into individual talks **
* Uploading these tracks to feathercast.apache.org and creating podcast
posts for each track **

Some of these tasks, particularly those marked with **, are very time
consuming, so I need to know that if you volunteer for it, you'll
actually find the time for it, so that I don't have to worry about it.

For reference, 2000-4000 people every month listen to recordings from
past ApacheCons, so this isn't just a pet project - it does actually
help spread the word about what we're doing at ApacheCon and at the ASF.

Big thanks to anyone who can step up for any or all of these tasks.

See you in Seville.

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon