Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/29 12:46:10 UTC

Github wiki page

Hi all,
I need to massively update the Content-Packages to Feature Model
converter documentation and one-page does not fit anymore, the tool
has grown and there are a lot of parts that need to be deeply
explained, so I wanted to add a wiki section, but... looks like the
Wiki is not enabled in the project[1].

Is there any way you PMCs can enable it, please?

TIA!
~Simo

[1] https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-feature-cpconverter

http://www.99soft.org/

Re: Github wiki page

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com>.
Thanks both Robert and Jason,
I'll switch then my focus on providing the documentation in the right place
~Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

Re: Github wiki page

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 2:52 PM Jason E Bailey <ja...@24601.org> wrote:

> I believe prior conversations around documentation was to centralize it on the sling website
> versus each bundle having different locations where the documentation could be found...

My recollection is more than each module should be *discoverable* from
https://sling.apache.org/ but we already have modules which have their
own docs in their Git repositories, see
https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/caching-services.html
for example.

For docs in a GitHub repository, a common pattern is to put them in a
"docs" folder and link from the README.

-Bertrand

Re: Github wiki page

Posted by Jason E Bailey <ja...@24601.org>.

Re: Github wiki page

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Simo,

On Thu, 2019-08-29 at 14:46 +0200, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi all,
> I need to massively update the Content-Packages to Feature Model
> converter documentation and one-page does not fit anymore, the tool
> has grown and there are a lot of parts that need to be deeply
> explained, so I wanted to add a wiki section, but... looks like the
> Wiki is not enabled in the project[1].
>
> Is there any way you PMCs can enable it, please?

We can't enable it, it's controlled by ASF Infra. May I ask why you
prefer to use GH wikis instead of the Sling website for documentation?

Thanks,

Robert