Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by trivedi_ravi13 <tr...@yahoo.co.in> on 2013/01/09 19:46:12 UTC

Qpid 0.12 : Authentication failed when running a client with different linux user

Qpid 0.12 Broker and clients are running on different physical machines, i
have two users "root" & "ravi" on the machine where i am trying to run
client application. When i run the client application from "ravi" user it
gives following error and does not connect to the broker.

"internal-error: Sasl error: SASL(-4): no mechanism available: No worthy
mechs found (qpid/SaslFactory.cpp:280) "

However it works correctly when i run the same application from "root" user.
Broker uses PLAIN authentication mechanism.

Even, I tried specifying the mechanism to be used as PLAIN from client side
using " ConnectionSettings" options in client API. But it did not work.

Is there any relation with user rights or file permissions on client side?

Re: Qpid 0.12 : Authentication fails when running a client with different linux user

Posted by trivedi_ravi13 <tr...@yahoo.co.in>.
*Resolved :*

 "ravi" user did not have access permission to "/usr/lib/sasl2" folder.
sasl libraries libplain.so, libanonymous.so are placed in this folder.
I changed the permissions and it's now working..