Posted to user@struts.apache.org by DG...@EvergreenInvestments.com on 2006/01/19 16:17:15 UTC

[OT] Re: Database Access

It appears that you're still a student and you've asked for a "...simple
way to access a database."

My suggestion, start with JDBC.  From there, you can investigate other
options including, but not limited to, DbUtils, iBatis, Hibernate, EJB
entity beans, etc.

Scott Ambler has a nice article you might be interested in:
http://www.ambysoft.com/essays/persistenceLayer.html

-Dennis

Asad Habib <ah...@engin.umich.edu>
01/19/2006 10:10 AM
Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>

user@struts.apache.org
cc

Subject
Database Access

What are the different ways in designing the persistence layer so that it
works with a Struts application? I am looking for a simple way to access a

database. Should I use hibernate? Are there any articles online that
discuss these alternatives and their tradeoffs? Thanks.

- Asad