Posted to users@flex.apache.org by "Hans Nuecke (bcc)" <sf...@vservu.de> on 2013/10/28 13:48:37 UTC

osmf.swc does not load with latest 4.11 version

After installation of the latest 4.11 release my build with intelliJ
failed with the error:
*unable to load  SWC osmf.swc

*Somehow the osmf.swc in the new release is broken. It has a smaller
file size (24k instead of 341k) and also cannot be opened with 7zip.

Solution:
I reverted to the last 4.11 rc2, and everything works fine again.

The latest installer reports an error, but it is said that that's a
known bug and the installation worked fine nevertheless.
Just to let you know; I will continue to work with the release candidate
as long as I do not hear this is solved.

RE: osmf.swc does not load with latest 4.11 version

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Om,

I was thinking we could change the Installer so that it will attempt to download OSMF several times instead of one, and if eventually fails, prompt a message that says
"Could not download OSMF.swc,  you can download it manually at the following url:
And move it to <SDK>/Frameworks/Lib/

Maybe we could also change the downloading order so that it starts by downloading OSMF.
That way, user will see immediately any prompted message, instead of having it in the middle of the 10min+ installation process.

What do you think?

Maurice

Posted by Hans J Nuecke <hn...@vservu.de>.
Hi Om,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hans,

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Sorry, my email was for Hans.

Maurice

De : Elena Geller [mailto:elena.geller@gmail.com] Envoyé : lundi 28 octobre 2013 14:40 À : users@flex.apache.org Objet : Re: osmf.swc does not load with latest 4.11 version

Am 28.10.2013 13:48, schrieb Hans Nuecke (bcc):
> After installation of the latest 4.11 release my build with intelliJ
> failed with the error:
> *unable to load  SWC osmf.swc
>
> *Somehow the osmf.swc in the new release is broken. It has a smaller
> file size (24k instead of 341k) and also cannot be opened with 7zip.
>
> Solution:
> I reverted to the last 4.11 rc2, and everything works fine again.
>
> The latest installer reports an error, but it is said that that's a
> known bug and the installation worked fine nevertheless.
> Just to let you know; I will continue to work with the release
> candidate as long as I do not hear this is solved.

I have installed 4.11 and see that my osmf.swc is 261 kb and i can open it with 7zip.
Download problem (specially osmf)?

RE: osmf.swc does not load with latest 4.11 version

Posted by Elena Geller <el...@gmail.com>.