Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Müller, Markus" <ma...@sdm.de> on 2002/11/11 11:06:54 UTC

Problem reading userconfig.xml on UNIX

Hi there,

I have trouble using the userconfig.xml on UNIX. FOP generates these
messages:
-- some lines omitted --
[DEBUG] OPTIONS
[DEBUG] user configuration file: /u/BSK27/fop0.20.4/conf/userconfig.xml
[DEBUG] debug mode on
[DEBUG] dump configuration
[DEBUG] quiet mode on
[DEBUG] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[DEBUG] reading user configuration file
[DEBUG] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[ERROR] Could not load user configuration file
/u/BSK27/fop0.20.4/conf/userconfig.xml - error: Content is not allowed in
prolog.
[ERROR] using default values
-- snip --

Who has problems with my config file? SAX2? FOP? What's wrong? The
userconfig.xml looks like this (and works fine on Windows):

-- begin --
<!--<!DOCTYPE configuration SYSTEM "config.dtd">-->
<!--
     this file contains templates which allow an user easy
     configuration of Fop. Actually normally you don't need this
configuration
     file, but if you need to change configuration, you should
     always use this file and *not* config.xml.
     Usage: java org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -c userconfig.xml -fo fo-file -pdf
pdf-file
-->
-- ... --

Suggestions welcome...

Markus

Re: Problem reading userconfig.xml on UNIX

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Müller, Markus wrote:

> I have trouble using the userconfig.xml on UNIX. FOP generates these
> messages:

Please don't crosspost to both lists. See my answer in fop-user list.
--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team