Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by manua <ag...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/28 15:29:09 UTC

Usage memory Limit hit with Network of Brokers.

HI,

I setup a network of brokers between 3 brokers as,

<networkConnectors>
        <networkConnector name="amq3"
uri="static:(tcp://amq1.com:61616,tcp://am2.com:61616)" duplex="true"/>
</networkConnectors>

(similarly made settings on other two brokers as well)

The messages being published on one topic were distributed to all three
brokers.
When on of the broker went down, the memory message limit was hit on other
brokers and the system crashed.

The same setup was working fine without network of brokers (no memory limit
was being hit with single broker).

Does it mean that in network of broker setup, one broker acted as durable
consumer on topics for other brokers.

How can I avoid the memory limit from being hit, with network of brokers or
what is the best way to have high availability activemq setup.

Thanks,
Manu

Re: Usage memory Limit hit with Network of Brokers.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
the stop method on the network connector via JMX should do that for you.

--
http://blog.garytully.com
http://fusesource.com

Re: Usage memory Limit hit with Network of Brokers.

Posted by "Martin C." <ma...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
you need to use a pending message limit strategy or file pending
message cursor. In your setup, when one of the networked brokers goes
down it becomes (looks like) a very slow consumer.

Check out the options: http://activemq.apache.org/slow-consumer-handling.html

http://blog.garytully.com
http://fusesource.com