Posted to user@helix.apache.org by Varun Sharma <va...@pinterest.com> on 2015/02/05 01:20:07 UTC

Property store subscription example

Hi,

I am planning to use the property store to work around some issues with
extremely large external views in zk. The work around is to compress
values, write to property store and subscribe to watch those smaller valued
properties.

Is there an example for how to subscribe to the property store ?

Thanks
Varun

RE: Property store subscription example

Posted by Zhen Zhang <zz...@linkedin.com>.
You can call get() to read the value. The value is cached locally in most cases.

________________________________
Thanks, zhen - how do I get the value associated with the path - The listener seems to only provide the path.

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 10:58 PM, Zhen Zhang <zz...@linkedin.com>> wrote:
Hi Varun,

You can refer to this example:
https://github.com/apache/helix/blob/helix-0.6.x/helix-core/src/test/java/org/apache/helix/store/zk/TestZkHelixPropertyStore.java