Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Brad Walker <bw...@musings.com> on 2021/07/18 17:28:58 UTC

? about integration into the tree..

Howdy everyone, as we say out here in the Rocky Mountain region of
Colorado..

I have a question about integration into the master repo.

I'm a new comitter and thanks to the help of Eric Barboni, I was able to do
my first commit. Yea!

But, since we are trying to work towards getting a 12.5 release out the
door, I don't want to integrate anymore changes until the 12.5 release has
been shipped. So I'm wondering to myself, what is the proper procedure for
marking a change "ready" but not to be integrated.

Should I just tag my change request for 12.6 or something else?

-brad w.

Re: ? about integration into the tree..

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 18 Jul 2021 at 18:29, Brad Walker <bw...@musings.com> wrote:
> But, since we are trying to work towards getting a 12.5 release out the
> door, I don't want to integrate anymore changes until the 12.5 release has
> been shipped.

Also note, in addition to what Eric said, things don't necessarily
need to wait for the release to ship any more.  Once Eric has branched
off the release branch, development for 12.6 will continue on master
(with some minor caveats about things that make merging fixes harder).

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: ? about integration into the tree..

Posted by Brad Walker <bw...@musings.com>.
Hey Eric,

I believe that is correct.  Once I had commit privileges, I was able to set
tags & milestones on my pull requests..

-brad w.

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.
Am I correct in saying hav ing apache/Netbeans commit access is needed to
add milestones and the like?

Eric

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 10:24 AM Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Brad
>  You can remove the milestone or put to 12.6. Up to you.
>
> Best Regards
> Eric

Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com